Seyaad is a barrister practising from Temple Gate Chambers, whilst he is based in London he is happy to travel.
Seyaad can be instructed by clients, foreign lawyers, national and international government departments or solicitors to provide assistance in the following context:
Areas of Interest:
- Civil/Contractual Disputes
- Domestic & International Construction Law
- Construction Adjudication
- Construction Professional Negligence
- Domestic & International Arbitration
Instructed to provide written advocacy for an overseas client in relation to fraud and regulatory matters against a major UK bank
Acted for various landlords in respect of wide ranging property disputes
Conducting oral trial advocacy in UK courts
Employed by a Legal 500 law firm in the Gulf Cooperation Council (“GCC”) which is recommended by chambers and partners 2018 in the region where Seyaad acted for:
- A government department in the GCC on a mega construction project concerning an international airport where the claim was worth in the excess of £200 million. The case involved technical issues under the FIDIC form of contract such as defects, extension of time, procurement, right to payment, valuation of variations, concurrent delay, and liquidated damages which meant leading the team in investigating causes of action, drafting statements of case and commencing legal proceedings.
- A well known main contractor in the trade of undertaking construction work throughout the GCC in order to advice in respect of performance bonds and termination of sub contracts. The case involved issues under a bespoke contract such as delays/disruptions/financial difficulties faced by the sub contractors.
- A well established international main contractor engaged in construction work internationally to defend them at the initial stages of 12 arbitrations submitted by their sub contractor under the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (“MEP”) contracts. The cases involved payment disputes/delays/disruption to projects. Seyaad was engaged to prepare the ad hoc arbitration agreements and deal with the mechanisms of the arbitration procedure.
- A Desalination Plant owner in the GCC in respect of any potential liability claim by the government.
Employed in house for two large Financial Times Stock Exchanges (“FTSE”) companies in:
- Conducting property and tradesman disputes.
- Conducting litigation and arbitration proceedings.
The above is not an exhaustive list
- LLB – 2:1
- LLM in Commercial Law
- LLM in Legal Professional Skills (Thesis ‘International Law’)
- Bar Vocational Course
- LLM in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution (Commencing September 2018)
Direct Public Access:
He has an interest in travelling and trialing differing cuisines. Seyaad also takes pride in supporting and raising money for local charity projects.